We depend on volunteers to help us protect the Rivanna River, educate the public about the Rivanna Watershed, and help keep RCA running smoothly. If you are interested in joining our superb team of River Guardian volunteers or if you are interested in learning more about what our volunteers do, please fill out our Volunteer Application or contact us.
To join our email list and receive information about upcoming events and RCA news, sign up for our e-newsletter by filling out the form on the top right of this page.
What are some of the projects RCA needs volunteers to help out with?
- Helping at Scheier Natural Area Workshops
- Fundraising, Appeals, and Expressions of Thanks
- General Administrative Activities
- Leading or Helping with Educational Workshops in Schools
- Staffing the RCA Exhibit at Community Events
- Helping with Presentations and Community Meetings
- Participating and/or Organizing River Cleanups
- Participating and Helping to Organize River Paddles
- Writing and Distributing Newsletters
There are many things that you can do to help out at RCA that are not listed above. If you have any special interests or skills that could help with a project, please mention them in your Volunteer Application. The Rivanna Conservation Society relies on people just like you, who are willing to lend a hand to protect our river. We look forward working with you in the future!