RCA sells rain barrels at three area locations. Funds from the sale of rain barrels go to support the work of RCA and the protection of the Rivanna.
Why Own a Barrel?
- Rain barrels ease strain on local and well water supplies.
- They are a free source of supplemental water, which lowers monthly water bills.
- They help prevent water shortages and can be used to water plants during droughts and usage restrictions.
- And, they help ensure the longevity of water resources and the environment.
- A rain barrel costs $95. Buy two or more for $90 each.
Rain Barrel: Info Breakdown
- Made from recycled plastic “food grade” barrels
- Brass 3/4” spigot for garden hose attachment. Side brass overflow with cap
- 4” no-see-ums tight mesh screen at the top to prevent mosquitoes from accessing water
- Color: black & terra cotta
- Capacity: 55 gal
- Weight: 22 lbs
Usage & Tips
- Barrels are not designed to store drinking water.
- Store barrels away from harsh winter conditions to prevent ice damage.
- Connect multiple barrels for extra water storage.
- Barrels should be emptied & cleaned once a year to remove accumulated debris.
Where can you buy one?
- Eltzroth & Thompson Greenhouse
1686 Monacan Trail Road
Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Plants N Things
1245 Union Mills Road
Troy, VA 22974
Rain Barrel Rebates